Friday, July 30, 2010

Final Explanation

For all these previous posts, I chose examples that best explains the message I was trying to convey. For both credible communicators, I chose two ads that I thought would make a major positive influence on people. For the American Cancer Society ad, I knew that it would make a serious impact on some people because Cancer is something that is definitely not taken lightly. It shows that people have been affected by skin cancer and have experienced great loses from it. For my second ad, I chose a Neutrogena sunscreen ad. This ad was made to increase the sales of sunscreen. By having so many features to the sunscreen, it makes it a popular product to have on the market. It is not just for sun protection, but it is specifically made for athletes because its waterproof.

For subliminal Persuasion, I chose a youtube video that shows people who have had great damage done to their skin by the sun. I believe that by showing an actual video of real life people, it becomes more of a reality to people than just some myth people say is true. The video opens your eyes to how the sun really affects a persons skin and the aftermath of it all.

For classical conditioning, I posted a picture displaying intensity. The picture shows a tan, burnt woman with many wrinkles that have been caused by too much exposure to the sun. This picture shows a real life woman who has shown major affects that have caused her skin to have a leathery affect. Studies have shown that skin dries up and becomes leathery after many years in the sun.

For my first credible communication post, I posted pictures of celebrities who practice safe sun. It just goes to show that celebrities like Kristen Bell and Marissa Miller are positive role models that set the way of people practicing safe sun. Just like most people, they use sunscreen and try to stay out of the sun as much as they can. For my second picture, I posted a picture of Cosmo magazine's safe sun campaign. It's huge that corporations like Cosmo magazine attract so many female readers, and get them into practicing safe sun and promoting events that help spread awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment